How People Apologies in Japan

Hey I am back in Japan and already noticing some weird culture of Japan.

This few months, drug problems has made a big news on TV and I see many priciples or some representitive of Universities come on TV to apologies for what their students did. I found it really weird since most of these students are adults (over 20years-old) and I do not see how university could stop them from using or growing these drugs.

Apperlently, it is not ilegal to import or to sell the seeds of Marijuwana(not sure how to spell it but...well hope you know what I meant) in Japan. So these students had imported them to grow and then take them.........

It looked like as if universities are responsibles for what they did and I didn't think it was right. They are responsible adults and universities should not have to take blame for it. It seems to be that Japanese society is always concerned about group responsiblity or whatever that person belongs to have to take blame for whatever. I also see this when someone commits crime and the company's maneger or spokeman comes up on TV to apologies and they fire the person. I mean if the person kills someone, it should not be the company who has to take the blame, or not even parents. The person is an adult, then the person should be blamed for what they did.....I guess it is the "Social Responsibility" but I feel that Japanese goes too far sometimes....Maybe I do not like it because it looks fake. These people comes up on TV are not concerned about the person who commit the crime but instead, they are worried about their reputation....

What does everyone think about how the Japanese companies or the universities take the blam for what their employee or the students did??

Comments

Popular Posts