JNTO

I am currently doing an internship at JNTO. The internship has been very intersting and useful for me. Many of my friends are interested in visiting Japan but does not really know how to research where to go etc. The JNTO website is one of the most useful site for that purpose and I think if you never been to Japan, it is the place to start researching from.

The problem of earning inbound travellers to Japan, is that many believe that Japan is very expensive place. In fact you can have an expensive experience in Japan but I rekon Japan is cheaper than living in Japan. My mum agrees with me at that point, she is so glad that I am coming home by the end of this year. Back to the topic, Japan was an expensive place in 1970s and 80s but it was because of the value of the yen. Today, the value of yen has deappriciated greatly and it is not expensive at all.

So, what is JNTO. JNTO stands for Japan National Tourist Organization and I think it is a government body.....It is under Minitry of Transport. For general public, it gives general informations on Japan and gives brochures. It has a self-servies room where people can come in and get brochures but for people who cannot visit, they send brochures out. I think it means a lot to people who are planning to go to Japan. I have learnt lots of things. Before I start this intern I did not know where is Shirakwago, one of the most beautiful village, or Shiretoko, a part of Hokkaido, is a UNESCO World Heritage place. Pretty shameful when Australian asks me where they are and I will be like 'ahh.....wait a sec.....ahhh....' and they like ' I know it is in this prefecture but blah blah blah'. That moment I feel very shameful that I do not know all this pretties coolest places in Japan.

Well from now on.....I would like to post some stuffs and links that I found it useful through my internship to help some of you that is lost and somehow I can SHOW OFF my hard work lol

Comments

Popular Posts