Working as a Woman in Japan

I have started working in a maker, OEM maker, in Japan in April.
I am a Japanese but must say I do not think like stereo type Japanese.

Anyways, one thing I found it hard to understand in this company is how my senior, a trainer, treats me. She entred the company a year before me and she was transfering her job to me.

The thing I cannot stand was how she tells me off about social life.
She intentionally came to me before a drinking dinner and told me how I need to pour drinks for seniors. How I have to be on alert all the time. My seniors are quite open and they know I am not really Japanese and my direct senior leader told me I don't need to do all the Japanese stuff. But she was still stiring at me.

She told me off how I talked, the way of using "DESU".
One of senior stuff asked me when was this event happening, and I just said "this Friday" and she was like "desu, Friday Desu". In English it's like I was only said "this Friday" but she told me to say "It is on Friday" OMG what the heck the big deal??

She graduated from one of the best universities in Japan, so I thought she was smart.
And her English is quite good for a person who ever studies overseas.
I got tricked there, I thought she would be open minded because she can speak English.
Big mistake there!!
She is 100% Japanese!! and does not understand the world.
She is only living in little Japan, no offence but she is not really looking at big picture.
I thought she is slow because she thinks about lots of options etc,
but she does not seem to see others' point.
But she says she want to work with people that can see what others are thinking!
When she says that I always say it in my mind that she needs to start doing that first!!!!!!
argh!!
I think I can just complaint about her here forever so I need to stop it right here hahaha.

I am probably just tired/stressed and paranoid!!
Anyways she finished tranfering her job to me already so it should be cool cool.
I also need to learn how to work with people who I don't get along with.
Anyone has any good advice? if you do please let me know!!

Comments

Anonymous said…
tell her to piss off and say "go and live life not like a frog in a well desu"

Popular Posts