Rainy Season is over!!

I have been sluking too much....I am going to start blogging again.
Anyways, I have started working in Japan in April and I am a Shinnyu shain (newly joined staff/workers).

Let's start talking with the season right now.
Yesterday, it was announced that rainy season was over! That means it is "Natsu Honban" which direct translation would be real stage for summer!! Well it means it is going to get hotter and hotter everyday and not going to rain like everyday.

In rainy season, many of us enjoy the flowers shown on the left hand side. It is called "Ajisai" in Japanese but I am not sure about English. It is a symbol for rainy season and they are beutiful.

This picture was taken in Takahata-fudo. A temple in eastern side of Tokyo.


Another hot news in Japan is that there was a metropolitan government representitive election. Please excuse my direct translation.....it's "Togikaisen" in Japanese. It was the first time for me to vote!! Since I was a political student, I am interested in politics. Although I am very dissapointed in Japanese politics, I don't think it will excuse me from not voting. It is not compulsory and many people do not vote. Voting rate is usually less than 50%. The result was quite interesting for me because the ruling party of the country lost their majority seats in Tokyo metropolitan government. I guess many people are sick of the "Jimin-toh" LDP(Leberal Democratic Party)!!! There will be a national election very soon and LDP are getting very nervous about it. I hope the rulying party will change to make some changes in Japanese government but it is still hard to say that LDP will stay as the ruling party or not. It will be in August!!

Comments

Popular Posts